Local Government - Port Macquarie Hastings Council -
Corporate Performance Dashboard provides consolidated view of key performance metrics
The Port Macquarie-Hastings region totals 3,686 square kilometres. With a population of over 80,000, Port Macquarie serves as the business and tourism hub and is the major regional centre for the area. The council manages an asset base of approximately $2.7 billion.
Port Macquarie-Hastings Council has experienced significant challenges in the past two years including severe drought, fires, flooding and a global pandemic. These challenges along with demographic changes make the effective use of information even more important.
With siloed systems and out of the box reporting constraints obtaining KPI information across key Council functions can be a daunting task. Analysis Paralysis has provided services and expertise to assist Port Macquarie-Hastings Council surface key corporate performance metrics required by the Senior Leadership Team and operational staff.
Port Macquarie Hastings Council did not have a consolidated view of key corporate performance metrics. Data was locked away in siloed systems without the internal capability to easily surface it. Visibility of key information was a critical strategic imperative. Key business drivers which needed to be addressed included:
- Addressing the risks inherent in current reporting processes
- Educating staff on best practice reporting processes
- Improving data analytics capabilities and the ease and availability of querying data from business systems
- Making information easily available to all staff who require it
- Providing reporting & analytics support to staff
- Improving knowledge of legacy & siloed data systems
- The need to substantially improve the effective use of data and information for evidence-based decision-making which underpins the adoption of the Australian Business Excellence Framework, a strategic imperative from the Chief Executive
- Understanding the cost effective architecture options available that would meet the council’s requirements to implement an Enterprise BI capability across Council.
Port Macquarie Hastings Council engaged Analysis Paralysis to rapidly develop a corporate performance dashboard surfacing information otherwise not easily obtainable by council staff. The initial dashboard covered customer and outcome metrics, people and safety data and governance.
This solution has expanded into a dashboard portal with reports for critical business areas providing live data and automated insights. Additional benefits have included improved data quality (due to better visibility of data issues), improved data maturity (especially in improving people data which had been a key issue) and process efficiencies.
- The Senior Leadership Team and operational managers have access to the data and insights they need to drive business efficiency
- Data quality and maturity have improved
- The performance dashboard has been expanded to provide insights across several additional areas including procurement, human resources, waste management, development applications and health and safety
- Critical information previously stored across several siloed systems is now easily discoverable and linked to provide additional insights
- Port Macquarie Hastings Council now has the data and analytics capability to support the implementation of the Australian Business Excellence Framework
Click to upload your testimonials section background image
⇣ Drag elements to your slide 1 container ⇣
⇣ Drag elements to your testimonial 1 container ⇣
⇣ Drag elements to your testimonial 2 container ⇣
⇣ Drag elements to your testimonial 3 container ⇣
⇣ Drag elements to your testimonial 4 container ⇣
⇣ Drag elements to your testimonial 5 container ⇣
⇣ Drag elements to your Custom Footer Container ⇣